Networking and Advocacy
A. State Level Networking
1. Networking with Civil Society Organizations of Tripura
Federation through membership :
The membership of VHAT creates opportunity for sharing, co-operating, exchanging information, experiences and activities in the areas of functioning.
- Creating awareness about the government policies.
- Guidance for project formulation, monitoring and evaluation of the developmental projects in the grass-root.
- Information dissemination for availability of fund from various sources.
- Advising for overcoming problems of registration, accounting and report preparation.
Capacity Building :
The NGOs, both members and non-members, are given training for their capacity building on different issues related to their activities. Moreover, VHAT publishes monthly magazine, newsletters, books, booklets, posters and audio-visuals to develop the communication skills of the NGO members. Capacity building trainings are also given to the members of SHGs and CBOs on different vocational courses.
Small Financial Support :
VHAT has introduced small financial support to the member organizations to develop some quality activities related to people’s awareness and participation in the social development.
To combat human trafficking and violence against children & women VHAT closely works with the member organizations to sensitize law enforcement agency and allied systems. Hence, law enforcement agencies, administration, Child Welfare Committees, non-government organizations, local institutes and Panchayats are involved in sharing information, rescue, restoration and cross border repatriation.
Implementation of Child-Rights:
VHAT is running CHILDLINE which is an emergency toll free phone service for the children in distressed condition and linking them to long term services. It always seeks active cooperation from the allied systems viz, police department,CWC, SCPS, health, education, transport, labour, judiciary, social welfare department, local administration, non-government organisation, resource organizations for the welfare of the children in need of care, protection and implementation of child rights.
Disabled Persons Organisation (DPO)
The networking of the persons with disabalities (PWDs) has been promoted through formation of the DPOs and federation of DPOs in block and district level. The activity has been extended throughout the state through the member organizations working in the area of CBR of the PWDs.
2. Networking with Local Government Departments :
VHAT gives priority in networking with government departments and advocacy for proper orientation of the government policy for giving maximum benefit to the under privileged as well as underserved population.
B. Networking in Regional and National Level:
C. Advocacy :
Policy level advocacy through the network is a priority activity of VHAT. Since its inception in 1988 as state level network of NGOs and CBOs, it had been conducted many advocacy campaigns.
- Federated in national level as member with Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), New Delhi as state VHA of Tripura.
- Associated nationally with CHILDLINE network through CHILDLINE project under CHILDLINE India Foundation, Mumbai.
- Associated with Credibility Alliance as a member which is working for promotion of transparency in the activities of CSOs. VHAT is accredited under Desirable Norms of Credibility Alliance and was granted the Accreditation Certificate.
- Associated with National Trust network, under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India for promotion of rehabilitation of persons with disabilities (PWDs).
- Associated with Action against Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation of Children and Women (ATSEC), India, as a member of the network.
- Give India Network connecting VHAT with different individuals nationally and internationally to know about VHAT activities and supporting the programs to serve the under privileged section of the society.
Presently the most important advocacy is launched on the Inclusive Education. This is for including the children with disabilities in the main education system with empowerment of the Teachers through training.